BW Offshore are looking to recruit an Operations Technician. The position will be based offshore within the North Sea.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform process plant and utility systems start up and shut down;
- Operate and monitor process plant, relevant marine and utility systems in accordance with operating procedures and as directed by the Supervisors;
- Assist in marine operations where required (Cargo offloading / Bunkering operations);
- Prepare relevent process & utility systems equipment for maintenance as per isolation procedures;
- Carry out first line maintenance and preventative maintenance on process and utility systems in accordance with operating procedures and as per the maintenance management system (IFS);
- Use the Permit To Work system (Q4) to ensure work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner;
- Undertake training both onshore and offshore relevant to the position;
- Participate in the emergency peparedness drills, safety meetings, and on the job training;
- Member of the Emergency Response Team;
- Assist in any other work as directed by Department Head;
- For the UK, Relevant OPITO approved vocational qualification, e.g. City & Guilds Level 3 Petroleum Processing Technology (POL) or NVQ/SVQ Level 3 Processing Operations (Hydrocarbons) is highly desirable for this position.
- For Brazil and Gabon: Relevant Technical Qualification
- Ideally 3 years of experience on an offshore processing facility or 4 years of experience in an onshore process plant in a similar role.
- Offshore and FPSO experience is desirable.
- Previous work in a multinational environment is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Flexibility, honesty and reliability are considered important factors
- Ideal behavioural preference
- Systematic and organized
- Works in a precise and accurate manner
- Dependable and reliable
- Meticulously follows rules and procedures
- Able to complete tasks and projects as assigned
- Careful and thorough
- Oral and Written English As per English Language Proficiency Procedure
- According to the Unit Training Matrix.
- According to BW Offshore Competence Assurance Matrix.
- Good computer skills.
- For the UK; Ordinarily resident in the EU or ECC with the right to work in the UK
- Professional challenges and opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Good benefits package
- An open and friendly working environment